I am still, most unfortunately, having hyperactive gastrointestinal movements.
The Baba is faring better. He thanks you for asking.
That hasn’t cramped The NyonyaCelup’s style, though.
I managed to treat the Baba & I to a (ridiculously) simple porridge – which (importantly) my stomach (and intestines!) happen to agree with as well.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 ladles of porridge – The NyonyaCelup has a super intelligent rice cooker that makes fantastic rice / porridge each time 🙂
- 2 teaspoons of Vegemite – aiya, alright lar, go ahead and use Marmite lar if you want.
- 1 salted fried dace / Chinese mud carp
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pickled lettuce
- 3 tablespoons of fermented black soya beans
- 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil
- 3 turns of my black pepper grinder – white pepper dust don’t seem to cut it for me
- a sprinkling of fried onions
OK lar, so I cheated today. This is not exactly what you’d call a recipe, but there’s not much cooking going on in The NyonyaCelup’s kitchen these days… what with the diarrhoea and all…
But fear not, there is still buah keluak waiting to be cooked!
In the meantime, why don’t you guys do me a favour and entertain me while my tummy is resting – how do you make your favourite porridge?